Thursday, April 15, 2010

I finally sold my Wyndham Bonnet Creek Timeshare

Alright! So about 5 years ago my grandparents gave me and my new wife their Wyndham Bonnet Creek Timeshare that they had owned for a few years. apparently in those past few years of owning the Timeshare they had never actually used. It all seemed pretty simple It was a unit that they had paid $17000 for and they got 1 week every year, in other words they got 77000 Wyndham Points. The only thing we were responsible for was the maintenance fee which was $30/month.

Anyway long story short in 2008 we decided that since we're never able to use the timeshare we should put it up for sale. I went online found a few companies that seem to specialize in selling timeshare on a resale market. The one odd thing that i saw about all the companies that were online was that everyone of them seemed to charge for their service before the timeshare was actually sold. So of course against my better judgment i signed up with www.resortstransfer.com I paid Adam Edwards $899 to sell my timeshare which was supposed to have been sold within 90 days, I tried calling the company repeatedly with no response. 6 months later i even spoke with the Manager at their Tampa Florida office who assured me that my unit is just in the process of being sold, that they have very interested buyers and Resorts Transfer is in the middle of getting them qualified for financing. Its now been well over 1.5 yrs and i still havn't heard anything from that company.

My reason to write this blog is to inform the other unsuspecting timeshare sellers of the scam that's going around the internet. I can do that now because I have now finally Found my light at the end of the tunnel. 3 months ago a friend of mine referred me to www.paradiseresale.com their services are completely free to use to market your timeshare for Sale or Rent. I went on their website called their customer service number where the agent walked me through the entire website and helped me sign up. I had offers within 2 weeks and closed on my timeshare within 4 weeks of signing up with Paradise Resale

=

No comments:

Post a Comment